Saturday, August 15, 2009

Super Saturday

Super Saturday, that grand day when all the kids were happy because there were so very many things to do and places to go. First stop: Amanda's first day of soccer. Some moms we know who had already organized a little group invited her to come, and we're very glad they did. She loved it! She loved the jersey:

Mommy, we forgot to give the shirt back. You mean we get to keep it forever? Wow! I love it!


She also liked scoring:

I scored two points for my team, and one for the other team.





And, of course, she liked the popsicles when it was over. Jared kept busy while she was playing soccer, and he liked the popsicles, too.



After the soccer game, we stopped at a store for a few things, and then by home to pick up Dad, since it was time for a pool party! Amanda had a new swimsuit for the occasion, as well as new arm floaties, but she was still a bit hesitant about getting in at first. She enjoyed it soon enough.


Jared loved being in the pool with either Mom or Dad, and he loved his new floaty, too.


Curtis, meanwhile, observed the proceedings from a secure location near the pool.


After the pool party, it was time for a birthday party! Here's the birthday girl figuring out the dolly carrier she got with some help from her big brother.



Amanda & Jared enjoyed playing with the balloons. The picture above has Amanda looking at a balloon somewhere, while the picture below is proof that I actually do Amanda's hair occasionally. ;)



Yep, Jared spent most of his time with the balloons. Curtis enjoyed the party, too.


All in all, it was a great day, and it didn't hurt any that both lunch and dinner were provided through the events (okay, I admit it, I'm a mom looking for a volunteer chef...takers anyone? :) Thanks so much to all our friends who made Super Saturday possible. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a full and fun day! I think it's crazy that Amanda is grown-up enough to be on a soccer team! Also, I think her hair is adorable in that picture! Your boys are so adorable, too; I especially love that picture of Curtis by the pool side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are getting so big! It's hard to believe it's been a year since I have seen them, and I have never seen the little one! Amanda's hair is so long, now, too! Thanks for all your comments on my blog, by the way. It's good to keep in touch with you. By the way, my sister is heading to OSU this fall, so Erik and I are hoping to come visit around Thanksgiving. I hope you guys will be around, too. It would be great to see you!

    ReplyDelete