Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thank you note to Santa for Christmas 2010



Dear Santa,
Sorry this letter is a bit late; I meant to send it off a couple of months ago, but I'm sure you understand how busy life gets in a house full of small children. I really must thank you, though, for the wonderful Christmas this past year. As you probably know, we've tried hard to downplay the Santa mystique in our family, not from any inherent Scroogieness or Grinchiness on our part, but just to avoid any potentially unpleasant discussions with our kids in a few years. And yet, this year we have you to thank for Christmas.

I'm not sure if you remember us; just to jog your memory, the kids and I came to see you a few days before Christmas. You may remember my little Curtis, the brave toddler who climbed up on your lap with no help from Mom.




There was also one more child, baby Lydia, who stayed home with her dad. But you remembered her, too! We started out the season with our little tree, the one my parents gave me back when I was little.


Then we got the gifts from the grandparent Santas (thanks for putting in a good word to them!).


We were so surprised, though, to find that you weren't finished yet. By the time Christmas morning came, we had stuffed stockings (including the stocking you brought for Lydia, her very first stocking ever) . . .


. . . and we had an overflowing treeful of presents, too! The kids were delighted. I felt so loved every time one of your elves stopped by. Dad was amazed that we should have such a Christmas, especially when he knew we certainly hadn't done any Christmas shopping.


Little Curtis dove right in and started passing out gifts.






We were all so pleased and so thankful for the things you brought, and most especially for the love that went into the gifts, from boots for the kids to gas for the car, and all sorts of amazing fun and practical gifts in between. I would write out a list of it all, but I know you know what you sent, and what I really want to do is just thank you again and again on behalf of us all for all you did for us this year.

Love,
Muffin Mom

p.s. Here's a picture of Dad spending Christmas with us; we were glad to have time with him. Oh, and thanks again for the boots, coat, and watch for me; my winter has been so much nicer!

No comments:

Post a Comment