Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

First, a VERY important item . . . something the grandparents have been after for a LONG time: a picture of all of us together.

The photo above was made possible by our unidirectional minivan. What's that, you say? Is our van learning photography to make up for its mechanical issues? No, not at all. It's just that if it hadn't broken down at just the right spot one fateful day, Mom probably wouldn't have met the nice people who had us over for Thanksgiving dinner. In the next picture, we have Dad and the mobile Muffins coming up from the basement where we spent some time relaxing before dinner.

Here we have the lovely Thanksgiving table, complete with yummy food. :)

Amanda made a turkey in kindergarten and wanted to be sure it joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. Ironically, it did not survive the dinner excursion, although for different reasons than those related to our main entree's demise.

Jared was a big fan of the marshmallows on the yams.

Curtis really liked the left overs . . .

. . . because they were stackable. (He also liked the cranberry jello salad.)

As always, Thanksgiving weekend was extra fun for us because of the dual birthday in the family. Here's the cake that Dad made. With the chocolate and peanut butter combination job on the frosting, the cake tasted remarkably like a Tastykake peanut butter kandy kake.

Here's Jared enjoying the cake. Also in the picture is our friend who provided Thanksgiving dinner.

Here's Jared with one of his favorite presents: Spider-man shoes!

All in all, a very nice Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend! I still need to get you all thos pics I took.. I have bben so busy and just have spaced it... I know I am just useless! =(
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I need to check blogs more often. What a cute little baby girl you have there! And the rest of your kids are growing up so much. Wow.

    ReplyDelete