Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Grandmother & Grandfather!


Congratulations (and thanks) to Grandmother and Grandfather who were married 28 years ago today! We love you! (especially Mom, since she wouldn't be here without you two!)

Interesting historical context note: At the time Grandmother and Grandfather were married, the Washington, D.C., temple was the closest temple both to Ohio, where Grandfather's folks were, and Florida, where Grandmother's mother was serving a mission. So, even though Grandmother and Grandfather courted and lived in Arizona, they were married in the Washington, D.C. temple. Amazing how many temples have been built since then. Now there's even a temple right in the town where they lived!

3 comments:

  1. I love this picture! The temple looks so beautiful in the background, but I especially love how sweet your parents look. You have such wonderful parents. Happy Anniversary to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We appreciate your kindness. Thanks for the nice entry about our anniversary. Love, Mother and Father

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the picture of your parents!!! Temple service is important to them!!! I wonder how many people they have helped....and are still helping!!!enjoy all your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete