Saturday, June 20, 2009

Camping! (Sort of . . .)

Ahhh, behold the cool beauty of a misty morning in the mountains of Maryland. (Stop laughing, westerners, they really are mountains for out here.)


And here we have our tent. Not too roomy, but great for keeping the rain out!


And here we have the reason we spent the night at this particular campsite. (Haven't these people ever heard of leaving the credit card pay option on over night? We can personally testify to the remarkable number of customers they lost before their pumps opened at 7 a.m.)


They did have some lovely flowers, though, in a little planter.


However, as Curtis's expression tells you, on the whole it was not a camping trip we'd like to repeat, and we beat a hasty retreat from the lone Exxon station at Exit 68 on I-68 and continued on in our Odyssey on the way to see our nieces and nephews in a production of The Odyssey.

3 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how you turned an annoyance into a cute story! :) What great pics too. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's about all I can say, WOW! I too am amazed at how optimistic you are when given such a roadblock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy Moly!!! What an adventure... hopefully you dot a little sleep that night!!

    ReplyDelete